Thursday, September 16, 2010

IT News HeadLines (PC Perspective) 15/09/2010


PC Perspective
IDF 2010: Next-Generation Turbo Boost and Overclocking on Sandy Bridge
At IDF this week, Intel is revealing much more information about the new Sandy Bridge processor architecture and one of many interesting features is a new version of Turbo Boost and how it functions with the platform. After spending some time with a handful of engineers and asking about the next-generation Turbo Boost technology, I think we have a good grasp of what it is, how it works and how it affects many different aspects of the new Intel platform....
Read More ...


MSI 890FXA-G70 Motherboard Review
AMD's latest 800 series of motherboards have seemingly taken over the marketplace, and with native SATA 6G and the ubiquitous NEC USB 3.0 controller, as well as cost effective 6-core processors, there is a new push for high end AMD motherboards. MSI is attempting to dominate the high end with an affordable and powerful solution with the 890FXA-G70....
Read More ...

Which memory for i7 system
Hi guys/gals I'm new to this forum, really hope someone can clue me in. Need some help to decide what memory to buy for my planned new PC. I have...
Read More ...

Winn 7
I am wondering if all software that worked with XP will work with 7 . Is 7 vastly different ? curious since I just got my son a lap top with 7 and...
Read More ...

nVidia 200 series GPU switched to OpenMM
. Yesterday evening (my time, GMT/UTC+2), my GTX275 rig was switched to FahCore_15 which runs OpenMM WU's I only noticed this (soon) because the...
Read More ...

SC2 Question
Hey everyone, I bought starcraft 2, and i'm psyched, but it goes on my computer that does not have internet access consistently. I would like to be...
Read More ...

Galaxy GT 220 @ GameStop.com - $24.99 AMIR
Need to give mom & dad's computer a boost? Get a Galaxy GT 220 card at GameStop.com for only $24.99 after MIR. One week only! Check out the...
Read More ...

Need Help with OC Asus GeForce GTX 460
Hi This is my old graphics card Image: http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/9688/snv34868.jpg I overclocked it with riva tuner with no problems......
Read More ...

Need help with new drive!
I just added a 3rd drive to my computer a Samsung 500GB F3 drive to go along with a WD 80GB sata and a Maxtor 120 IDE drive. The devise shows up in...
Read More ...

Automated URL content search with alert
1. Is there any personal web search software? The purpose is to check 2-3 times a day certain pre determined url's for search keywords and give alert...
Read More ...

Phenom II C1E state causes time drift
I've recently started enabling all the power saving features on my AMD rig (used to only apply power saving on my Intel rigs, never used CnQ with my...
Read More ...

No comments: