Saturday, September 11, 2010

IT News HeadLines (bit-tech.net) 11/09/2010

bit-tech.net

Have you voted in the 2010 bit-tech and CPC awards yet?
We want to know who you think deserves a gong from us. Plus, voting can win you prizes.
Read More ...

Most Broken Game: Stockholm Syndrome
The mission is a pretty simple one – a bunch of natives being used as slaves at a plantation deep in the jungle need rescuing. The place is guarded, but it’s no Fort Knox. The enemy are toting small arms, grenades; nothing too heavy. The real threat is the surrounding jungle, which is full of bees, snakes and jaguars who like to spend their spare time flying through the clouds; any body of water larger than a puddle probably has some piranhas in it.

I’m not too worried about the enemies though – they’ll fall easily to my Desert Eagle lookalike and its mysteriously small five round clip. If worst comes to worse I’ve got a big, square jeep which, though it handles like a hippo on an ice rink, I’m relying on to take me and the hostages to safety. No, what I’m really worried about is the bugs.

Any diary of the actual assault would end up reading like an Andy McNab novel that’s been used for toilet paper and it’s pointless to recall the details anyway. Suffice it to say that my first attempt to sneak into the base ended when a levitating jungle cat cut me off on my way to the base. The second go was much the same; my gun jammed inexplicably, so after the first bullet I was only able to defend myself with cusswords and fierce glares.

Read More ...

Audio-based touch for old handsets
A Cambridge firm claims to have developed a way to bring the joys of touch to old 'phones.
Read More ...

MS releases teen safety guide
Microsoft has released an e-book called "Own Your Space" to teach teens 'net safety.
Read More ...

Mod of the Month August 2010
We've plucked six new and exciting mods from our forums for you to look at and vote for.
Read More ...

No comments: